My exposure
to entrepreneurship did not come from my family, instead it came from a close
friend of mine that I met freshman year of college. He has started a few companies
and currently runs a promotional item company. He has a variety of unique
products such as a small fan that plugs into your iPhone charging port and a
plasma lighter. I got to spend a great deal of time with him this past Summer
in Europe as we both happened to be in Rome at the same time. This allowed me
to be able to pick his brain on his entrepreneurial drive. He regularly attends
business conventions and accelerator programs to continually increase his
knowledge and skill in the business world. He has shown me the ins and outs of
his company and how he came up with his idea. Spending time with him has opened
up my eyes to a whole new world that I wasn’t really aware of and I see him as
a mentor.
Throughout
this course I want to grow as an individual. I want to have a more knowledgeable
perspective so I can go out in the world and overcome adversity and become
successful in all of my endeavors. Adding an entrepreneurship skillset to my
background will be beneficial in the long run and might even help me start my
own business.

Hey Chris,
ReplyDeleteI really like the story you gave about how you became so entrepreneurial. Very interesting how kids now a days are so passionate about building their own company at such a young age. Did he create the small iPhone fans and plasma lighters? Or did he just sell them? Your friend sounds very interesting and I hope his item promotional company because very successful in the near future! I was very intrigues with your story.
Hello Chris,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your story on how you became so interested in entrepreneurship. It is amazing how many people in this day and age that want to run their own business, and its even cooler to know someone who does it for a living. I wish you the best and I'm sure that if we work hard we can both get what we seek out of this class.
Good job and good luck.