Friday, June 15, 2018

Assignment 11A - Idea Napkin No. 1


1.     I’m Chris Mercandetti, a Junior Finance Major at the University of Florida. I have learned my leadership and effective communications skills through the Dale Carnegie leadership training course that I attended a few years ago. Constantly being put in situations that push me out of my comfort zone allowed me to grow and hone these skills. I have also learned how to successfully manage hundreds of people at once through running the recruitment process in my fraternity. I aspire to show UF why this increased seating option is going to benefit them and get them to implement it.

2.     What I am offering to customers is a chance to expand the libraries at UF, not only with more seating, but by pushing forward their boundaries by making the books electronic.

3.     I am offering this to the University of Florida. Specifically, administrators in a place to make decisions regarding the libraries on campus.

4.     UF cares because not only will this benefit the school, it will also benefit its students by allowing them to study more, which will help them do better in school and raise the schools rank. They will care because it will make them look better and actually increase their standing.

5.     I think what sets me apart from everyone else is my social network and my ability to communicate effectively with others. I feel as if I have built a solid network that will be able to aid me with my project. Also throughout my life experiences, such as the Dale Carnegie Leadership course I have learned the importance of effective communication and I have been able to apply that to my everyday life. This will enable me to get my point across in a warm and positive way and ultimately get the desired outcome.


I think that most of these elements go together. Being able to get my point across clearly and effectively about the seating at the UF libraries along with letting UF administrators see how it is going to benefit them is extremely important. The one thing that I think is lacking right now is the resources to pull this off. That being said, I am selling the idea to them, not so much a product so that isn’t completely necessary at this time.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    I think you captured the elements for your vision nicely on your idea napkin. I think that most UF student would agree that when it comes to studying and doing well in your classes, it's important to have a good study space to focus in. I think that your Dale Carneige class probably gave you a good advantage to learn about leadership positions and communicating well with others. I think that communication is key here if you're trying to convince people in administrative positions to make books electronic so that is would free up some space in the libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    You did a really good job on your napkin. I do believe every book should be electronic, but thats just me. Many students do think that books are better than ebooks. I disagree because everything is electronic now. I think your idea is very good and hopefully it could work out to better many students. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chris,

    I like your idea and you did a great job on this assignment. I believe that every new and modern book should be electronic so that the growth of the libraries become stagnant and if efforts are put forth to reduce the amount of physical space books take up without the need or loss of literature I wholeheartedly agree with your proposal.

    Overall you did a great job on this assignment Well done.

    ReplyDelete