Friday, June 22, 2018

Assignment 14A - Halfway Reflection


1)    One of the biggest behaviors I have used for completing the assignments in this class is time management. It is very easy to fall behind on assignments and rush to complete them at the last minute, however it is much more rewarding and less stressful to complete them ahead of time.
2)    I recently traveled to London for a week and I had a Business Finance exam on that Thursday two days after I got back. It also happens that I was leaving for Tennessee right after my exam to go to a music festival for a week. I was so stressed out and did not know how I was going to allocate time to complete the three assignments due the next day as well as the peer reviews and the quiz while I was at the music festival. What pulled me through this situation is realizing that just because I was doing all of this traveling was not an excuse to not do my work. I just allocated a block of time and knocked out what I had to get done and I ended up taking the quiz and writing my comments inside of my tent on my phone at the festival. I feel like I have developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months and I think the timing of the assignments along with my packed Summer schedule contributed to this.
3)     
a.     My first tip would be to plan out when you’re going to get your work done so that you don’t forget about it and have to rush to complete it.
b.     My second tip is to figure out how this class is going to benefit you and when you think of giving up keep that in mind to keep you going.
c.     My third tip is to work hard and don’t stop because sitting back and not doing your work is not going to help you in life and practicing this mindset now is only going to benefit you in the long run.




3 comments:

  1. Chris,
    I love that you wrote your comments on your phone in the tent at the music festival. Also, I agree with all your tips,it becomes very easy to fall behind in this class and its important to set aside time each week to get your work done. I also think that time management has been something important that I've learned in this class. Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    Very cool that you are able to do work while even at a music festival. I give you many props to that. I agree with everything you have said and I like every post you have given so far. Good work on everything and your time management. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris,
    I think it was awesome and shows crazy dedication that you were able to work through a music festival. I agree with your stance on time management and it is something important you must and can learn for this class.

    ReplyDelete