Opportunity 1: As Global Growth Loses Steam, U.S. Investors Find There’s No Place Like Home; Rising dollar and strong corporate earnings make U.S. a better bet
a) I found this information on the Wall Street Journal online through the UF Business Library (https://search-proquest-com.lp.hscl.ufl.edu/docview/2045256014/8D721752D07F4BBFPQ/3?accountid=10920)
b) I believe that an opportunity exists here because bringing investors back to the U.S. and promoting domestic companies is important. This is especially true now that U.S. market growth appears to be favorable in the eyes of investors.
c) The most likely customer for this opportunity are investors that currently invest outside of the United States.
d) I think that this opportunity is relatively easy to take advantage of as investing money isn’t difficult, but selecting the right place to invest is a bit of a challenge.
I saw an opportunity here because I invest in ETFs in the U.S. and have seen potential growth.
Opportunity 2: Coming to a Festival Near You: Friendly Central Bankers; Once shrouded in secrecy, central banks are deploying ambassadors to win over the public with music videos and bouncy houses
a) I found this information on the Wall Street Journal online through the UF Business Library (https://search-proquest-com.lp.hscl.ufl.edu/docview/2045586506/8D721752D07F4BBFPQ/16?accountid=10920)
b) I believe that this opportunity exists because like the article stated many people don’t know about the functions of the central banks and spreading awareness and popularity of them will definitely gain support.
c) The most likely customer for this opportunity is actually the average person anywhere in a developed country as this is directly pointed at spreading knowledge to the public.
d) I think that this opportunity is relatively difficult to exploit as spreading the information is easy, but getting people to like and accept it is a whole other challenge.
I saw an opportunity here because of my marketing class that I took last semester. This can be done through proper branding of the central banks.
Opportunity 3: Traveling by Air with Service Animals Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM)
a) I found this information on regulations.gov (https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=DOT-OST-2018-0068-1157).
b) I believe that an opportunity exists here because so many people rely on service animals to get around and not allowing them on airplanes could be extremely detrimental. This being said there are those that try to lie about their animals and this regulation would help deter that and keep the airlines safe for everyone.
c) The most likely customer for this opportunity is actually airlines as this is in place to stop fraudulent service animal claims and protect customers.
d) I think that this opportunity is relatively easy to exploit as requiring passengers with service animals to provide valid documentation is not a difficult task and could be easily digitalized for facilitation.
I saw an opportunity here because of how much I’ve heard about airlines having issues with customers and this would lower the rate of that happening.
Opportunity 4: Qualification of Drives; Exemption Application: Vision
a) I found this information on regulations.gov
(https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=USCG-2018-0455-0001).
b) I believe that an opportunity exists here because safety is a huge concern at festivals and keeping this area safe for the two-day operation is key. Festivals require security to keep things in order and make sure everyone stays safe and has fun and this is a place that needs it.
c) The most likely customer for this opportunity would be attendees of the Rice’s Landing River fest as they are the ones being kept safe by this regulation.
d) I think that this opportunity is relatively easy to take advantage of as everyone benefits from it. The coast guard gets work and the people at the festival get protection.
I saw an opportunity here because I have gone to festivals firsthand and seen how important security is.
a) I found this information on the Wall Street Journal online through the UF Business Library (https://search-proquest-com.lp.hscl.ufl.edu/docview/2045256014/8D721752D07F4BBFPQ/3?accountid=10920)
b) I believe that an opportunity exists here because bringing investors back to the U.S. and promoting domestic companies is important. This is especially true now that U.S. market growth appears to be favorable in the eyes of investors.
c) The most likely customer for this opportunity are investors that currently invest outside of the United States.
d) I think that this opportunity is relatively easy to take advantage of as investing money isn’t difficult, but selecting the right place to invest is a bit of a challenge.
I saw an opportunity here because I invest in ETFs in the U.S. and have seen potential growth.
Opportunity 2: Coming to a Festival Near You: Friendly Central Bankers; Once shrouded in secrecy, central banks are deploying ambassadors to win over the public with music videos and bouncy houses
a) I found this information on the Wall Street Journal online through the UF Business Library (https://search-proquest-com.lp.hscl.ufl.edu/docview/2045586506/8D721752D07F4BBFPQ/16?accountid=10920)
b) I believe that this opportunity exists because like the article stated many people don’t know about the functions of the central banks and spreading awareness and popularity of them will definitely gain support.
c) The most likely customer for this opportunity is actually the average person anywhere in a developed country as this is directly pointed at spreading knowledge to the public.
d) I think that this opportunity is relatively difficult to exploit as spreading the information is easy, but getting people to like and accept it is a whole other challenge.
I saw an opportunity here because of my marketing class that I took last semester. This can be done through proper branding of the central banks.
Opportunity 3: Traveling by Air with Service Animals Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM)
a) I found this information on regulations.gov (https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=DOT-OST-2018-0068-1157).
b) I believe that an opportunity exists here because so many people rely on service animals to get around and not allowing them on airplanes could be extremely detrimental. This being said there are those that try to lie about their animals and this regulation would help deter that and keep the airlines safe for everyone.
c) The most likely customer for this opportunity is actually airlines as this is in place to stop fraudulent service animal claims and protect customers.
d) I think that this opportunity is relatively easy to exploit as requiring passengers with service animals to provide valid documentation is not a difficult task and could be easily digitalized for facilitation.
I saw an opportunity here because of how much I’ve heard about airlines having issues with customers and this would lower the rate of that happening.
Opportunity 4: Qualification of Drives; Exemption Application: Vision
a) I found this information on regulations.gov
(https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=USCG-2018-0455-0001).
b) I believe that an opportunity exists here because safety is a huge concern at festivals and keeping this area safe for the two-day operation is key. Festivals require security to keep things in order and make sure everyone stays safe and has fun and this is a place that needs it.
c) The most likely customer for this opportunity would be attendees of the Rice’s Landing River fest as they are the ones being kept safe by this regulation.
d) I think that this opportunity is relatively easy to take advantage of as everyone benefits from it. The coast guard gets work and the people at the festival get protection.
I saw an opportunity here because I have gone to festivals firsthand and seen how important security is.
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteThe last rend you talked about concerning security at festivals stood out to me the most. I too have attended festivals before and have been concerned about the security and the safety of all the festival attendees. I also liked the one about service dogs on airplanes. There have been many instances of this in the news lately and it needs to be addressed.
Hey Chris,
ReplyDeleteThe many opportunities you presented were fascinating to me, as I would not see them there. It was amazing to see things from your experience and many of your opportunities excited me. However if I had to choose one that I liked most I would have to say it was the service pets, if only because I love animals so much. Overall you did a decent job describing the opportunity and the articles were unique. Good Job!