1. I’m Chris Mercandetti, a Junior Finance Major at the University
of Florida. I have learned my leadership and effective communications skills
through the Dale Carnegie leadership training course that I attended a few
years ago. Getting one’s point across effectively is crucial in convincing
someone to listen to your idea. Constantly being put in situations that push me
out of my comfort zone allowed me to grow and hone these skills. I have also
learned how to successfully manage hundreds of people at once through running
the recruitment process in my fraternity. I aspire to show UF why this
increased seating option is going to benefit them and get them to implement it.
2. What I am offering to customers is a chance to expand the
libraries at UF, not only with more seating, but by pushing forward their
boundaries by making the books electronic. Revolutionizing University libraries
is a big step forward and UF could be the first one.
3. I am offering this to the University of Florida. Specifically,
administrators in a place to make decisions regarding the libraries on campus.
These are the people who have the power to make these decisions and selling
them on this point is crucial.
4. UF cares because not only will this benefit the school, it will
also benefit its students by allowing them to study more, which will help them
do better in school and raise the schools rank. They will care because it will
make them look better and actually increase their standing.
5. I think what sets me apart from everyone else is my social network
and my ability to communicate effectively with others. I feel as if I have
built a solid network that will be able to aid me with my project. This project
is a huge undertaking and having support is crucial for its success. Also
throughout my life experiences, such as the Dale Carnegie Leadership course I
have learned the importance of effective communication and I have been able to
apply that to my everyday life. This will enable me to get my point across in a
warm and positive way and ultimately get the desired outcome.
I think that most of
these elements go together. Being able to get my point across clearly and
effectively about the seating at the UF libraries along with letting UF
administrators see how it is going to benefit them is extremely important. The
one thing that I think is lacking right now is the resources to pull this off.
That being said, I am selling the idea to them, not so much a product so that
isn’t completely necessary at this time.
The two things that I took away from my feedback were to
emphasize my effective communication skills and to realize the resources that
this project will require. This is not something that can easily be done
overnight as it requires careful planning and thorough execution in order to insure
that the job is done correctly. I am going to need support as this is not
something I can accomplish on my own. I incorporated this feedback into this
assignment by elaborating on my effective communication skills and including
more reasons why in each question.
Hello Chris,
ReplyDeleteYour napkin was super helpful as it allowed me to see, in a single document, where your idea stands and what makes it unique. I was thoroughly impressed with how you took the previous feedback and continued to refine your idea to be even better. You have experiences and talents that will help you later on and I am thrilled to see where this continues to go. Great Job!
Hi Chris,
ReplyDeleteI think you a great job being specific with your idea napkin. I think that adding electronic and virtual libraries would be a good way to modernize the University. I think that gaining more information from library administrators would be a great way to learn more about how to implement a program. Overall, I think that you have some valuable tools up your belt that are unique to you and that nobody else has that will help you be successful i n your endeavors.
Chris,
ReplyDeleteI really think your idea napkin was essential in furthering your entrepreneurial process. Specifically, I liked your third point because it is definitely true. You would have to target the university administrators because they are the people with all of the power. I assume you would agree that this assignment has done a great job of both reinforcing and improving our previous napkins. Good job!