Friday, July 27, 2018

Assignment 28A - Your Exit Strategy


1.     My exit strategy for my venture is to see how the process works at UF. After seeing how it performs here, I would then decide if I was going to keep going with it or sell it to someone else who can pursue the vision. This would all take place within the next ten years so it really depends on the success of the project.
2.     I selected this particular exit strategy because I think that seeing how the first run goes is a good way to judge how I want to handle the future of the company. I dont see this as become a powerful or long-lasting company so I definitely would not keep it as a family business.
3.     I think this exit strategy influenced other decisions as I never saw this as a long term project. I always saw it as a way to change the libraries in the US and that was it. I was only looking at that and not a way to put this into a bigger picture.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    I had the same mindset as you when deciding what to do with my company in the next five years, whether to sell it to someone else or to try and grow it on my own. I think its really hard to tell now because we aren't sure whether our companies will be successful or not. I think that playing it by ear is probably the best way to go about a decision like this. Overall, good job explaining your exit strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    I really think that your exit strategy will help you become successful. I had a really different approach than you. My approach was to sell it when I know Ive become as successful as I can be. I used an example of my friends dad who had a dry wall company and sold it for well over a couple million dollars. He then bought it back after they went bankrupt and eventually sold it again. I see this is a really good way to become very successful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris,
    Your post about the choice of exit strategy was really informative. I was super excited to read my classmates posts on this because we all have such different idea, opinions, and products. Overall I think your choice to wait to see if you want to sell would be completely possible and acceptable. I also found it entertaining that I also had the same or at least similar exit strategy as you. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete