Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Assignment 23A - Your Venture's Unfair Advantage


1)Effective Communication Skills
Valuable: Yes
Rare: Yes
Inimitable: No
Substitutable: No

2) Connection with CEO of company that already does what I need done
Valuable: Yes
Rare: Yes
Inimitable: Yes
Substitutable: No

3) Determination to see the project through
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: No
Substitutable: No

4) Presentation Skills
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: Yes
Substitutable: No

5) Leadership Skills
Valuable: Yes
Rare: Yes
Inimitable: No
Substitutable: No

6) Time
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: No
Substitutable: No

7) Other social connections
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: Yes
Substitutable: No

8) Support from different UF resources
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: No
Substitutable: Yes

9) Firsthand experience of the issue
Valuable: Yes
Rare: No
Inimitable: Yes
Substitutable: No

10) Nothing to lose (not having a fear of failure)
Valuable: Yes
Rare: Yes
Inimitable: Yes
Substitutable: No

My top resource right now is my social connections. Without these connections I am unable to obtain the necessary resources to see this project through. As a college student I don’t have the finances or the power to conduct this project solo, so having friends in the right places is important for this.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    I think you chose some good resources to use for your VRIN analyses. However, I think that you could have been a little bit more specific about some of your answers rather than just saying yes or no. I do agree with you that your social connections are probably your biggest asset to you because without the proper social connections, it can be hard to gather a group of people who support your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    I really like how this post was very organized. It shows that you are trying to work really hard to make this a good product. Although your VRIN analyses were good, I feel like they could've gone more into depth on some of your answers. Other than that great job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris,
    I really enjoyed how easy your post was to read due to how you chose to format it. It was quick and effective in getting the message across and I was able to find the information I sought out quickly, the only thing I would change would be to add a sentence or two so that we may have context to the scores. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete