Friday, July 27, 2018

Assignment 27A - Reading Reflection No. 3


The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, Guy Kawasaki

1.      The general theme of this book was how to become a Social Media Marketer no matter who you are. It talks about optimized your profile and how to present yourself in a professional manner and not jeopardize future internships or jobs from poor choices in posts.
2.      I think this book enhanced what I am learning in ENT 3003 because it is about how you present yourself. I have learned in this class how to present myself in a more professional manner by putting myself out there in the world and speaking to people I never would have to speak to before. It is a different type of presentation, but the main idea is similar.
3.      The exercise that I would design would have to be about connecting social media to your business venture. Possibly creating a Facebook page or something similar in order to promote your idea.
4.     My biggest surprise while reading the book was the fact that a student lost their internship because of one hand gesture in one picture. It was shocking to see the impact one post can have on ones life.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    In todays society, social media is definitely something to costumes a great portion of our lives and it seems as though we can never escape it. I think that a lot of people of our age don't realize the impact that social media can have on our professional lives. For example, I think its crazy to think about how someone lost an entire internship over just one photo posted to Facebook. I think it definitely teaches a lesson to watch out for what you post online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    Social media is taking over our lives, not only on a personal level but also business. Use millennials don't realize how much power it has on us because we are so used to using technology on a daily basis. The thing that interested me most was that someone got fired because of a hand gesture in a photo. That really threw me off because I don't think its right but maybe that company was just trying to teach a lesson. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chris,
    The book you choose highlighted the importance and significance of social media. It is every growing to consume a larger portion of our daily lives and is even moving to consume our business culture as well. It is important to understand this significance and through this book and your summary we can all begin to learn. Great Job on this assignment.

    ReplyDelete